Please enter search criteria
Textbook Rental Policy
Textbook Rental Policy
Rental textbooks are the intellectual property of the author(s) and are copyrighted by the author(s) or publishers. Textbooks rentals are not to be reproduced. Per terms of this agreement, you are responsible for the following:
- I am at least 18 years of age & a Tarleton student.
- I understand that all titles for rent are property of the Texans Campus Store.
- I am responsible for the condition of the materials rented. I bear full responsibility for the return of the rented materials in saleable condition and for payment of fees and new book replacement costs if rented materials are lost, stolen or returned in unsaleable condition. Unsaleable condition includes damages incurred to the rented material as determined by Texan Campus Store staff, including but not limited to torn covers, torn pages, liquid damage, stains. Limited highlighting and writing in a rented textbook is permitted.
- I understand that I am renting this material for one semester only. If I need the material for future semesters I must return the book to the Texans Campus Store by the deadline and rent the materials again.
- I will return the materials on or before the return date.
- I agree to be billed for the price of the materials if they are not returned on time.
- A late fee of 10% of the replacement cost of the materials will be assessed for items not returned or returned after the due date.
- If you wish to keep your rental materials, the replacement fee will be applied to the price of the items you want to own.
- If I drop a course or withdraw, rented materials must be returned immediately.
- I understand that a charge may be placed on my student account for the replacement costs of any materials not returned on time or in unsaleable condition. If my materials are not returned by the deadline or I have outstanding charges, I acknowledge and accept that I will not be eligible for the Rental program until outstanding fees are paid.
- I acknowledge that the Texan Campus Store late fee policy will be followed and that delinquent accounts will be charged.
- I understand that the rental fee is non-refundable past the normal return deadlines for course materials.
- Textbooks can be returned in person or through the mail.
- If sent by mail, the ship date can be no later than the rental return date.
- If someone wants to buy their book at the end of the semester, they can pay the difference between the rental and purchase price
- A card must be put on file as collateral when renting a book, and the card expiration date cannot be earlier than 6 months from date of purchase